Appreciation post, thank you tinxy!

I thought I’ll create an appreciation post… I wanted to sincerely thank tinxy for creating such an awesome product and keep supporting DIY enthusiasts like me. I know it takes tremendous efforts to keep running a company like this and keep supporting people like us, just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the team work and keep the good work going!

I was able to create this setup for my parents using 70% tinxy products. You guys are amazing in making hack-able products like sonoff and keep supporting the opensource/diy enthusiasts like us and I wanted to give you a ton of thanks from the bottom of my heart. Keep it up guys, really mean it.

Thank you guys,
keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Love the dashboard you have. Would you mind sharing how did you create this. I have been wanting to create something similar but …

Hi @Geet219,

All I have done is added vertical card → horizontal card → two columns in it (left power, right device itself inside a tile card), for next row - another horizontal card … and repeated the process.

for example, if its a light bulb, Left would be its power and right would be the smart light itself in a tile card (you can add brightness slider in the tile card as feature). Repeat the same process. Only thing custom I did is added a “title: name” to the vertical card.

example,

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    title: Bedroom
    cards:
      - type: tile
        entity: switch.bulb
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
        icon: mdi:light-switch
      - features:
          - type: light-brightness
        type: tile
        entity: light.hanging_bulb
        tap_action:
        name: Bulb
    cards:
        entity: switch.tube
        show_entity_picture: false
        tap_action:
        icon: mdi:light-switch
      - features:
          - type: light-brightness
        type: tile
        entity: light.wipro_tube
        icon: mdi:lightbulb-fluorescent-tube
        name: Tube
    cards:
        entity: switch.fan
        tap_action:
        icon: mdi:fan
        entity: weather.forecast_srl
        show_entity_picture: false
        tap_action:
        icon: ''
        name: Forecast
    cards:
        entity: input_boolean.b1motion_status
        name: Motion Light
        tap_action:
        entity: binary_sensor.bedroom_pir_sensor
        name: Sensor
    cards:
      - hours_to_show: 24
        graph: none
        type: sensor
        entity: sensor.bedroom_temperature
        detail: 1
        name: Temperature
      - hours_to_show: 24
        graph: none
        type: sensor
        entity: sensor.bedroom_humidity
        detail: 1
        name: Humidity
    cards:
      - type: custom:simple-thermostat
        entity: climate.bedroom_smart_ac
        step_size: 0.1
        layout:
          step: row
        header: false
        control: true

This is great and thanks for sharing this. Which software are you working on? Btw if you don’t mind can I get your email to connect personally to check on a couple of things?
I have been wanting to build such a dashboard but struggling on certain fronts so thought a quick chat might help

It’s very rich interface. How can create it self. Can u guide ?

Hi very impressive. Curious which product did you use to get data on the water left in ltr and percentage of water tank capacity. This is very useful for senior citizens.

Hi @b6e7i9, thats a cool love lace dashboard. How is the tinxy hardware holding up? I am currently using couple of sonoff dual r3 for retrofitting and power monitoring. This tinxy 6N seems to be a better option for expanding. I have seem quite a lot of tinxy installation videos, in every single one when the device is turned on using physical button and turned off using mobile app then for turning it on again the physical switch is toggled to off position and toggled back to on possible. Is this the case with esphome too? I want the physical switch to act as a real two way switch just as in sonoff, did you came across this?

hi @kratos

thank you, it holds up really well. I haven’t had to change anything so far as far as hardware is concerned. No issues with esphome as well, all running nicely. In fact, I haven’t touched them for a while, all runs unattended at my parents place, no complaints so far.

Tinxy 6N is really nice and compact. About the switches, since they are physical they hold its position. so for switching on a device using wall switch (if the wall switch is on and relay is off) you would have to do that exercise.

On esphome, you get two components per Node(channel) 1. relay control 2. status of the physical switch. Activating the physical switch will always trigger the corresponding relay instantly with their internal MCU. If you look at the yaml I posted for esphome, you could see that I publish the relay state based on the UART response (wall switch ON or OFF), to keep them in sync. The relay can be triggered on/off from homeassistant/esphome independently but the wall switch will keep its position.

Sonoff has a momentary switch, it doesn’t have any memory unlike a traditional wall switch. If you really want sonoff style setup, then you should go for touch switch. Not really reliable and expensive to change out in the long run imho.

1 Like

Hi @b6e7i9
Thanks a lot for replying. Now I get an idea about the home assistant entities and dump switch functionality.
By the way the sonoff R3 device I mentioned is not a switch, its also a similar retrofit solution using dump switch.

@b6e7i9

One more doubt. How does the device responds after a power outrage? Does the relay control and physical switch status restores?

Hi @kratos

Oh I get it, but sonoff uses logic voltage instead of AC Line voltage I think. Tinxy 6N behaves the exact same way and it uses standard AC voltage for all connections (which is less confusing to electricians).

You can set restore default on esphome for controlling that behavior.

Buddy, physical wall switch will always retain its position - there is no magic, it needs a human. What you are controlling is the relay. Its the same for your sonoff.

Gotcha. Thanks again.

This is my current HA Setup, looking forward in populating it with Tinxy. Cheers :slight_smile:

Hello Anand, Siva here, I am also trying my hand on HA and in similar parth with Tinxy and Sonoff Switches. Subsequently, tried flashing tinxy switches with ESP firmware. not able to connect. Looks like i have to better understand your post. Let me know if we could connect over the phone. I am in Pune and could connect over the phone for a quick chat.

Hey - That’s a nice-looking dashboard. I’ve recently got myself involved in Home Assistant and have a few different Tinxy devices installed at my place.

1. Are you using the HACS Tinxy integration? Is there a way to control them locally without relying on the cloud?
  2. What sensors do you use to monitor the Water Level in the tank?

Thanks

Hi @abufaisal,

@b6e7i9’s dashboard really looks cool. Below is my approach

1. Im not using Tinxy Integration, I tried it but its slow. So I moved to esphome flashing (It provides local control).
  2. Im using pressure transducer for water level monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Hi @villa2.bellavista ,You can ping me through insta - anand.apk

Hello Anand, I am not on Insta… my mail id is sivadreams@gmail.com
Do mail me and I shall connect on WhatsApp or any which way you suggest.

Regards
Siva

Thanks - I’m new to this stuff. Do you have any sort of tutorial or existing documentation that can help me with the esphome flashing process?
Also, I’m curious about pressure transducer and how is it implemented.

There is one other thread in this forum, which has guides for esphome flashing process, You can check that.

For pressure transducer you can refer this forum: Home Assistant Forum.