Auto power OFF after 15 mins whenever light/fan/exhaust controlled via Tinxy is powered ON using physical button

I have a use case for washroom light and exhaust where kids forget to put off whenever they put on light/exhaust.

I need a feature like as soon as some one puts light/fan or both ON using physical button, it should wait for 15 mins and power OFF automatically. Time delay should adjustable.

I have tried using scene feature but it works only when someone puts ON using tinxy app but doesn’t work with physical swich.

I have similar gadget from Imagine technologies and uses smartlife app this function available there either via physical button or via mobile app. Expecting similar in tinxy.

Hi @abidsayyad This is strange. Whenever you add a scene, you should expect it to work just as you want. Cn you please call our customer care and talk to them ?

Also we have a timer function which is better. Timers can be added using Scenes only. Best part of timers is that they are offline . Even if the internet it not working. Example - you turn ON the FAN and want to turn it OFF after it turns ON. you can do this using Timers. See example below

Hi Mohit,

I have discussed this with customer care already and they only suggested to raise a blog as this feature is not available with tinxy as they said.

Also, I have already tried timer function in scene but it works only when you turn ON using tinxy app but doesn’t work when physical switch tuned ON (though scene is activated for the same switch)

Email me your number on mohit@mogify.com

I have exact same use case and can confirm scenes do work as expected. I am able to turn on physical switch and it turns off automatically after X minutes.

thank you @abidsayyad for bringing this up. We have resolved this issue . Please update your device with v4.8 . This should fix the problem.

Actually 1N was working fine in this use case but not 1+ Nodes.

Mohit

Hi Mohit,

I have upgraded firmware to V4.8 and put it on test. This time Physical switch turning off, but.

Results are not promising. For testing purpose I have chosen turn off timer after 1 min, but in actual light turns off between 40-50 seconds randomly (checked using stop watch)

Second time chosen 2 min timer but it actually turns off after 1 min 20 to 1 min 40 second randomly.

This means there is some issue in timing calculation logic. Please get it checked and fix accordingly.

This is expected. Everything works in 1 minute interval. So you could toggle load in 60 or 50 seconds.

These automations won’t work if you are trying for sub minute routines.

Even If I choose power off after 25 mins, it actually powers off in 15 mins. Huge difference in calculation login. You should look into it.

Hi @abidsayyad, after looking at your scenes issue we tried ourselves for 5 mins, 10 mins, and 20 mins, in the 4 node fan regulator module. The results are attached. We have found that after setting a delay, switch went off 10-15 seconds before the actual time which is completely normal. The interval could be 30 to 40 second . You have to check from your side once. You can contact us 9319513343

I have 2 node device and scene is not behaving similarly on all devices. One of the device is working near to perfect time but rest two are having huge time difference almost 10 mins if I choose 30 mins time delay it actually switches off within 18-20 mins.

Call us on 9319513343